Tuesday, January 4, 2011

December 14, 2010-3 Hours

The faculty was given another opportunity to attend a Technology Fair. I taught two classes, Animoto and Google Docs. Animoto was a repeated session from the beginning of the school year, and it went very well. Google Docs was another story. I was able to rework a presentation by Chad Kafka, a Google Educator, which saved me a lot of time. However, our technology wasn’t very reliable, and not all teachers were able to create Google Accounts. There were also too many people in the session. If there was a smaller groups of 15 or less, things would have gone much smoother. I also missed an opportunity because many of the teachers asked for examples of how to use Google Docs in their classrooms. I was not ready with those resources, but I was able to give them several sources the next day. I have some changing to do if I need to give this class again.

Total: 108 Hours
Running Total Secondary: 58
Running Total Elementary: 50

No comments:

Post a Comment