Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Secondary Experience Post-Write

My work at the high school has been very interesting. I have to now know about every content level besides just the one I studied. Science has never been an interest of mine, but I have to know where to find quality resources. I’ve also had to rely on the science teachers to help me evaluate sources.

Teachers are also starting to see that I want to help them. So much of getting students in the library is educating the teachers about what the library has to offer. Students also need to be given reasons or motivations to look for resources outside of Google results. It has been a slow process of helping teachers understand that it is okay to require sources from online databases.

I very much enjoy working with high school students. I love talking with them about books they enjoy and getting suggestions for books that I should order. While I do not see every student, and I has been a challenge to get to know every name, it has been a wonderful learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment